AnsweredAssumed Answered

JNDI Connections in PDI 8.2 CE

Question asked by Ana Gonzalez on Feb 27, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 15, 2019 by Ana Gonzalez

I'm evaluating PDI 8.2 CE downloaded from sourceforge, actually I'm using PDI 6.1 CE, and when I try to set up the JNDI connections I have working in 6.1, I'm not able to connect. If I set up the connections to use JDBC, everything works fine, so I'm wondering if someone else has found the same problem. These are the steps I have followed to set up the JNDI connections:

1. I have downloaded and put the correct jar libraries for each connection in <...>/data-integration/lib/, I've tried to connect to a MariaDB database and to an Oracle Database, so the libraries are mariadb-java-client-2.2.0.jar and ojdbc8.jar respectively.
  2. I have edited the file <...>/data-integration/simple-jndi/jdbc.properties to add the corresponding entries:
MDBCONNECTION/type=javax.sql.DataSource
MDBCONNECTION/driver=com.mariadb.jdbc.Driver
MDBCONNECTION/user=myuser
MDBCONNECTION/password=mypassword
MDBCONNECTION/url=jdbc:mariadb://host:port/db

OCONNECTION/type=javax.sql.DataSource
OCONNECTION/driver=oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver
OCONNECTION/user=myuser
OCONNECTION/password=mypassword
OCONNECTION/url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:port/sid

So when I test the connection using the MariaDB JNDI entry I get the error in the file I'm attaching.

If I use the same credentials to connect using JDBC connections, I can connect without problems.

I'm going to move on to use JDBC connections and parameters to pass connection credentials now that I'm going to test Matt Caster's enviroment plugin to handle the change of connection information in different deployments, so I'm not going too much effort on this, but I'm curious if someone else have tried to use JNDI connections in 8.2 and if it has work for him/her.

Regards

Outcomes