Legacy HDS Forums

HSSM GAED issues and any good practices

Discussion created by Legacy HDS Forums on Feb 14, 2007
Latest reply on Feb 22, 2007 by Legacy HDS Forums

Originally posted by: stephen2615

Greetings,

I am after any good (cant say best) practices about doing HSSM GAED.  As our list of servers grows, we are seeing issues with timeouts.  Apparently, there are reasons for this with regard to the servers doing backups and locking bits and pieces of what is being looked at during GAED.  More often than not, HSSM goes ballistic with timeouts and thats the end of any data for the rest of the night.

The time GAED takes is getting longer and longer and I would like to know how other users get around this.  Is there any good reason to run GAED every night as nothing changes all that much except filesystems sizes.  I get annoyed watching every host tested for providers when they obviously don't change.

We already have Tuning Manager providing metrics on performance.

If we were to run GAED on the hosts during the day to stop this backup issue, is there any impact on performance that I need to know about?  Sooner or later we are going to have hundreds of hosts.

One thing I would really love to know how to do is a command line "Test" of the devices.  I get tired of using the Web Gui to do it.  Anything that can be batched up in a script has to be better than the GUI.

Regards

Stephen

Outcomes