Legacy HDS Forums

HTnM alerts

Discussion created by Legacy HDS Forums on May 9, 2007
Latest reply on May 15, 2007 by Legacy HDS Forums

Originally posted by: stephen2615

Greetings,

Hopefully some one out there is also using Tuning Manager. 

I setup an alert on the USP Ports so I get notifications over a certain threshold.  Lets say 4000 IOPs per port.  This elert seems to have bound to all ports and I know you can unbind the ports you dont want.  The issue is that when I get the alert (in this case, an email) for a port over the threshold, I dont have any clue with port is sending the alert.  All I get is the text I have put in the email message.

Is there any special variable that I can put in the email message or snmp trap or syslog message that will identify which port has gone over the threshold.

Also, you can set a warning and a critical threshold but there does not appear to be a way of making different alerts from the same alert name or definition.  So, I could be just getting a warning (lets say 3000 IOPs) but I don't know if it is a warning or a critical event.

Considering that the USP 1100 can have 192 ports, you need to be able to identify which port is working a bit hard. 

I am also looking at setting thresholds on array group usage, logical disks, switch ports, etc.  There are lots of different data categories so I need to be able to identify what is sending the alert.  I don't want to create thousands of alerts to get information I need.

Most systems that can raise alerts such as Openview, etc can identify the object that caused the event.

Cheers

Stephen

Outcomes