Legacy HDS Forums

Mainframe FlashCopy V2 On HDS VSP (FCIncremental)

Discussion created by Legacy HDS Forums on Jun 3, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 5, 2013 by Legacy HDS Forums

Originally posted by: PeterJGray

Hi,

Is anyone running a reasonably large Mainframe VSP environment using both FlashCopy V2 and TrueCopy sync?

Our current configuration is a pair of USP-Vs approximately 50km apart in a synchronous replication state.

In addition to being synchronously replicated these same LDEVs are also in a consistent FlashCopy incremental state.

The portion of the workload that I am particularly interested in moving to VSPs is made up of just short of 500 x Mod 54 Volumes plus obviously the same number of TrueCopy sync volumes and FlashCopy volumes.

This a very response time critical DB2 workload so we would like to be very comfortable before we commence moving to the VSPs.

Does anyone have a workload anything like this running on a VSP?

If you do, have you observed any host response time issues during FlashCopy processing?

Have you observed any stress on the MPs during FlashCopy internal COPY operations?

I am just a little concerned that the shared MP setup in the VSPs may result in host response degradation during the COPY phase of our daily FCIncremental processing-

Even if your workload is smaller, but similarly configured, I would be interested in your experiences.

Thank you
Peter

Outcomes