Vern Bastable

What are your favorite inspirational quotes and why?

Discussion created by Vern Bastable Employee on Jun 14, 2013
Latest reply on Oct 11, 2018 by Rainer Ferchland

Let me get you started, here are mine (in no particular order):

“Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain

Good advice and not to hard to accomplish...

“Be good and you will be lonesome.”- Mark Twain added to by Jimmy Buffett "Be lonesome but you will be free.  Live a lie and you will live to regret it, that's what livin is to me"

Be true to yourself and what is right standup for your beliefs even if you seem to be alone in doing so.

“All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.”- JRR Tolkien

Just awesome advice and reason to hope.

“You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.”

and...

“Success is getting what you want..
Happiness is wanting what you get.”

and...

“Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. ”

And Finally...

“Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” ― Dale Carnegie

Dale was a very thoughtful man and his words resonate today as they did in his time.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Outcomes