AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help with a future project.

Question asked by Brian Haney on Jun 20, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 27, 2013 by Brian Haney

Hi everyone! Brand new to this community so a big hello to everyone in the HDS family.

I am currently beginning my research on a future thesis project regarding the historical development and relevance of some of the leading computer / networking industry manufacturers. Most of the information I need to initially establish is relatively easy to procure but I have noticed a few 'snags' in my search queries. While for obvious reasons I cannot divulge exactly what my thesis will be covering, I can tell you that at least two of the chapters will cover an in depth, timeline comparison of company products; particularly product from the very beginning of the company start up up until about ten years ago.

My initial concern is that while finding historical acquisitions is obviously easy, finding the relative line products themselves are hard. More importantly, any original marketing data concerning those products.

Any help regarding a master list of all HDS (as well as HDS product acquired through a merger / purchase) line product from the very beginning (excluding Itel, circa 1967) would be a huge boon. If anyone has information or any web links I would be forever grateful.

Thank you in advance!

Outcomes