AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can you set the CU number using "Storage Manager for vCenter" plugin?

Question asked by Ignacio Vidal on Jul 4, 2013
Latest reply on Jul 8, 2013 by Ignacio Vidal

Hello,

We're using a CLPR partitioned design approach while implementing a new HUS-VM system.

So, for example, you could find CLPR#1 dedicated to one type of customer, and CLPR#2 to other different one.

And, besides that, we defined different DP-Pools on each CLPR (you could see: DP-Pool_1 using CLPR_1, etc).

We want to use that approach, and use one CU number assignment on one CLPR/DP-Pool, and a different CU number on other CLPR/DP-Pool.

I was having a look at Storage Manager for VMWare vCenter plugin (v. 2.4.2.0), and I see that with the plugin, an ESXi administrator can solve several steps for creating a datastore (i.e., create the V-Dev on a specific DP-Pool, present it to a host group as a LU, create the datastore on it, etc...)

But I've seen that the process of creation for a LU using the plugin, always assigns consecutive LDEV numbers, beginning at CU = 00 (it is: 00:00:00, 00:00:01, ...)

And I could'nt find any option where you could force the LU creation on a specific Control Unit (CU) instead of CU="00".

Does anyone have a clue about this?

Thank you very much

Kind regards

Ignacio

Outcomes