I would like to ask to share the experiences in the Community, if anyone has used the HDT feature in their environment . I am going to test the HDT but before I do I would like to know what people so far have experienced. The feedback points I am looking at :
- Response time degradation during the page relocation ?
- Monitoring the HDT and it's challenges in a shared environment in terms of costing it ?
- Impact on the running application if any , while relocating the pages ?
- With 42 MB chunk movement, what savings and Performance benefits were found ? I would say even a smaller chunk relocation would have benefited and accommodated more application with less flash usage.
- Policy configuration, individual application or IO profile grouped policies and their cycle of relocation used ?
- Any tuning capabilities used to change the HDT mid-way ?
- SATA pool write-verify causing performance dip ( every write involves a read to confirm the write happened )
I can Google it and there are like 1000 pages of pdf telling me all about it, but I wanted to get the feedback from the real production environment or people who have actually used it and worked on it for a longer period of time , so the information is more practical then theoretical.
Even if I get some feedback only few points is fine, but would appreciate a response .