AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using JP1 and HNAS CLI to manage HNAS Object-Replication

Question asked by cheng-hui chong on Aug 26, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 28, 2014 by cheng-hui chong

hi dude,

Due to limitation on GUI, i cannot automate all the replication tasks including mount & unmount the share, and etc.

I'm working on the script to Replication which is :-

1) 1am: start object replication ( the replication will take less than an hours, the changes is not big )

2) 2am: unmount the object-FS using below command:

# ssc --noconsolelogging -u supervisor -P lGseBUMM1NpVbI5vyINzUg== 192.0.2.2  console-context --evs 7 unmount my_fs001

3) convert the Object-FS to Non-Object-FS using below command:

# ssc --noconsolelogging -u supervisor -P lGseBUMM1NpVbI5vyINzUg== 192.0.2.2  console-context --evs 7 replication-target-convert-to-read-write-fs my_fs001

4)  Mount the FS again using below command:

# ssc --noconsolelogging -u supervisor -P lGseBUMM1NpVbI5vyINzUg== 192.0.2.2  console-context --evs 7 mount my_fs001

5) Add the host access using below command:

ssc --noconsolelogging -u supervisor -P lGseBUMM1NpVbI5vyINzUg== 192.0.2.2  console-context --evs 7  cifs-share mod  -t "10.84.100.65   (rw,allsquash)" --target-label my_fs001 my_fs001

6) Add the user/group access using below command:

ssc --noconsolelogging -u supervisor -P lGseBUMM1NpVbI5vyINzUg== 192.0.2.2  console-context --evs 7  cifs-saa add --target-label my_fs001  my_fs001   ABC\username Full

Invalid permissions parameter.

Due to i need to maintain the host and user access list that's why i need step 5 and 6.

Now my problem is on step 5 and 6: 

- For step 5, if i want to add multiple entries. The last entry will replace the previous entry. I have to configure my_fs001 to access by multiple hosts

- For step 6,  i came from NetApp background. I tried few parameter like Full, RW, RO, none of them is working.

I don't have CLI Command Reference guide to refer ( will appreciate if someone can send me the CLI reference guide ).

I need help from Community.

Thanks first

Outcomes