AnsweredAssumed Answered

Another management application on the network is changing the storage system configuration. (KAIC05305-E)

Question asked by Herta Van den Eynde on Oct 17, 2014
Latest reply on Oct 19, 2014 by Dang Luong

I'm fairly new to HDS.

We have 2 HUS110 SANs.  At the moment, I'm the only person who administers them.  I use a browser (Firefox) to connect to the HCS.  As most of our volumes are used for ZFS filesystems, I create them through the Element Manager, as that is the only way I can mark them for full capacity mode.

Every so often, I am locked out of the system allegedly because "Another management application on the network is changing the storage system configuration. (KAIC05305-E)".  This message appears both in the Element Manager (e.g., when trying to access the Volumes section) and in the HCS propper (e.g., when attempting to refresh the configuration information).

What is this other management application?  How can I find it and kill it?

I tried closing my browser, logging out of my PC, rebooting the HCS server, all to no avail.  The message usually clears after a few hours, but it cost valuable time and money (it's most annoying when an external consultant cannot continue his project because I cannot create the volumes he needs).

Any insight you might have on resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Outcomes