- HNAS 4060 v11.2
- ~3,000 users
- User level soft capacity quotas
- Quota email notification for each CIFS user's home directory
- Base share called "home" mapped to /home directory in HNAS file system.
- Each user has a manually created virtual volume with a share mapped to "/home/<username>"
- A soft capacity quota applied to each <username> virtual volume
- Home directory auto create feature of share not used because it is incompatible with virtual volumes
- Are there any performance or scalability concerns with 3,000 virtual volumes under a single directory? I believe the maximum # of virtual volumes per system is 10,000 (at least as of v10.2 code from what I can find).
- Is there a better or more elegant way to manage this home directory scenario?
Thank you for an suggestions you can provide,