Steve Hoyle

Pairdisplay not working on Windows 2008 R2

Discussion created by Steve Hoyle on Nov 12, 2014
Latest reply on May 11, 2016 by Ian Forbes

Hi,

We had a previously working configuration, however the Wintel guys reinstalled the secondary server and now for some reason after going back through the configuration I am unable to run a pairdisplay from the primary to secondary.

Strange thing is the services start on both nodes with no errors and I  can run the pairdisplay command locally on each server and receive the correct output as below: Please note ive changed the group name in the output below:

C:\HORCM\etc>pairdisplay -g TEMP_GRP -I0 -l

Group   PairVol(L/R) (Port#,TID, LU),Seq#,LDEV#.P/S,Status,Fence,Seq#,P-LDEV# M

TEMP_GRP      TEMP_GRP(L) (CL1-F-10,12,   3)88764 18475.P-VOL PAIR STATUS,88764 18475 -

C:\HORCM\etc>

C:\HORCM\etc>pairdisplay.exe -g TEMP_GRP -I1 -l

Group   PairVol(L/R) (Port#,TID, LU),Seq#,LDEV#.P/S,Status,Fence,Seq#,P-LDEV# M

TEMP_GRP      TEMP_GRP(L) (CL3-B1-6,27,   6)88324 18475.S-VOL PAIR STATUS,----- 18475 -

The 'raidqry.exe -IH0 -l' and 'inqraid $Phys -CLI' both work as expected with the correct output.

Basically ive confirmed the services files are the same with regard to horcm, I can ping between nodes and the horcm files are correct but I receive the error message below when trying to connect from the primary to secondary node, Unfortunately the log files dont really give any information

C:\HORCM\etc>pairdisplay -g TEMP_GRP -fcx -IH0

pairdisplay: [EX_ENORMT] No remote host alive for remote commands or Remote Raid Manager might be blocked (sleeping) on an ex

isting I/O.

Refer to the command log(C:\HORCM\log0\horcc_PRIMARYSERVER_log.txt) for details.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Outcomes