I am have LUSE LDEVS and mapped to windows production system , I am looking to migrate these LUSE LDEVS into VVOLS LDEVS online or offline within VSP. What can be the best solution ?
I think there are many ways to migration.
If offline service does not matter, just stop service and copy all data via servers.(TC or UR would not work because of LUSE)
or offline time is limited, below 2 ways would be work, but need budget.
1. Universal Volume Manager+ShadowImage
- You need UVM license and ShadowImage license
- 1st offline when apply UVM, 2nd offline switch ShadowImage Pvol and Svol.
2. Universal Volume Manager+HTSM
- You need UVM license and HTSM license and PC running HTSM.
- 1st offline when apply UVM.
- HTSM will finish switching Pvol and Svol.
3. 3rd party Online copy solutions(?)
These are rough solution, just for reference.
You need to contact HDS for more detail.
Universal volume manager , do you mean volume migration tool .
Universal Volume Manager is HDS's visualization tool.
Very useful solution.
Retrieving data ...