John Meyer

VMUG Virtual Event 3.0

Discussion created by John Meyer Employee on Oct 31, 2015

VMUG Virtual Event November 2015.jpg

Many of us have experienced and or belonged to different user group communities in our career. One that really stands out to me is the VMware User Group. VMUG. It is truly a dynamic and engaging user group community with over 100,000 members worldwide. I am always impressed with the local UserCon conferences they do in cites across North America. Local VMUG Leaders are quite engaged with these events as well as sharing information on social media, especially twitter. A couple years ago VMUG started the VMUG Virtual Event. An online conference that brings together thousands of VMUG members to learn more about VMware and VMware partners products and solutions.

Hitachi Data Systems has been a sponsor of each of the Virtual Events. It is really quite a fun way to engage with the VMUG members, share information in our booth, as well as talk about the latest things we are doing with VMware. It includes the work we are doing around EVO:RAIL, Converged solutions like Unified Compute Platform, and other Virtualization solutions. We will also be sharing some of our customer's success stories.

On November 9th Paul Morrissey will be presenting Software Defined Approach for Disaster Recovery Across Tier 1 Applications. Paul is Director PM Virtualization, Applications and Storage. Paul's presentation is at 2:35 CT. Read Paul's blog here where he offers a sneak peek of his session.

It should be a great event. Another Paul, Paul Strong, VMware's VP and Chief Technology Officer will start the day off with his morning keynote; What The Future Holds: Trends At The Intersection of Technology and Business.

I hope you can join us and share this very cool virtual experience. You can learn more and register here.

Outcomes