Please, can somebody help me to solve the V-VOL Expansion in Snapshot Pool?
Expand V-VOL works fine for HDT or HDP Pool but it's not supported for Snapshot Pool.
My Situation is:
1. Customer is using one Clone and three TI Snapshots.
2. Production LDEV (P-VOL) is created in HDT Pool.
3. Clone LDEv is created in another HDP Pool as S-VOLs to Production LDEV.
4. In Snap Pool are created three Snapshots as S-VOLs to Production LDEV.
Normal situation is V-VOL expansion of Production LDEV (P-VOL).
For SI Clone we do next steps:
1. pairsplit -S of Clone pair.
2. Clone LDEV (S-VOL) V-VOL expansion.
3. Paircreate of Clone pair.
4. pairsplit of Clone pair into PSUS state.
Fore TI Snaphots it is imposible to Expand TI V-VOL in Snap Pool.
We do next steps:
1. pairsplit -S of Snapshot pairs.
2. Unmap all three snapshots fro al Host Groups
2. Delete of all Snapshot LDEVS (V-VOLs).
3. Create new LDEVs with new Size as V-VOLs in Snap Pool.
4. New map of all Snapshot LDEVs into Host Groups.
Please, let me know if it's possible to expand Snapshot V-VOLs without unmapping from Host Groups.