Pentaho

View Only
  • 1.  Various issues when migrating to 9.2 from 8.3

Posted 04-11-2022 15:23
    Hi,

I recently migrated to Pentaho CE v 9.2.  I'm not sure what exactly I am doing incorrectly, but the following don't seem to work.
    1. Going to Tools->Marketplace, within the Available Tab, shows just All within Type that has no subcategories.  Putting any search terms in the search box yields no results.  I always am seeing "No plugin found that matched your criteria".
    2. Going to Tools-> Capability Manager.  Clicking on any item here gives a Capability Install Error, with message stating Error Installing Capability:
    3. My existing jobs/transformations that may have had Write Variables to Logs with my prior 8.3 version seem to be empty.  That seems to maybe be a plugin that is not there with the 9.3 version.  What should I do?  Also is there a list of migration steps from earlier version to the newer 9.2 version that is available somewhere?

Thanks a lot!!!
    Satish

------------------------------
    Satish Venkataraman
    Chief Technology Officer
    U.S. General Services Administration

• 2.  RE: Various issues when migrating to 9.2 from 8.3

Posted 04-12-2022 07:04
    The old tsearch2 functions and other objects must be suppressed when loading pg_dump output from a pre-8.3 database. While many of them won't load anyway, a few will and then cause problems. One simple way to deal with this is to load the new tsearch2 module before restoring the dump; then it will block the old objects from being loaded.

Tobin Miller
    Account Manager
    Bosco

• 3.  RE: Various issues when migrating to 9.2 from 8.3

Posted 04-13-2022 09:42
    I'm sorry but your response is cryptic and only raises more questions. what is tsearch?  what is pg_dump? how does one load the new tsearch2 module?  why does one need to restore "the" dump?  What is this dump anyway?  What problem does your proposal solve?

Satish Venkataraman
    Chief Technology Officer

• 4.  RE: Various issues when migrating to 9.2 from 8.3

Posted 04-12-2022 13:54
    Hi Satish

The problem will be that the plugins on the marketplace only go up to 8.2 (I don't know why) and I presume Spoon is looking for plugins for version 9.     However, the older ones still seem to work ok.   So you can manually transfer them from your old install or download them via the web and then unzip them into {server}/pentaho-solutions/system/kettle/plugins (data-integration/plugins for Spoon)

You might need to restart the app to get the functionality again.

Andrew Cave
    Systems Engineer
    BizCubed Pty Ltd
    Australia

• 5.  RE: Various issues when migrating to 9.2 from 8.3

Posted 04-13-2022 09:51
    Thanks, Andrew.  That was helpful.  So, for the time being, what I gather is that the marketplace within the PDI application itself is toast for the released 9.2 version, and one needs to manually download from the website.

Satish Venkataraman
    Chief Technology Officer

• 6.  RE: Various issues when migrating to 9.2 from 8.3

Posted 04-15-2022 05:38
    hange the Import DMS so that it uses the IMPORT AS command to move the data to your new _83 tablesWork out the missing fields and use a sql injection tool to lift our of your _83 table and into the core table
    MyLincoln Portal Login

Waldo Mertz
    Account Manager
    Bosco