General Discussion

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to read LDAP attributes and fields in PDI 9.2.0

Posted 05-17-2022 14:41
    Hi Team,

I am trying to use LDAP input and propagate data to target LDAP, though test connection is successful i am unable to view/get fields in LDAP input and map fields in the transformation. Could someone help me to resolve this, thank you.

------------------------------
    hemanth kumar
    IT Support Manager
    tcs

• 2.  RE: Unable to read LDAP attributes and fields in PDI 9.2.0

Posted 05-18-2022 12:06
    Are the Search base & Filter String values set in the Search tab?  Also, if you are receiving an error message please share that as well.

Matthew Casper
    Data Integration Architect
    Flexential Corp.

• 3.  RE: Unable to read LDAP attributes and fields in PDI 9.2.0

Posted 05-19-2022 02:17
      |   view attached
    Hi Mat, thanks for checking this...yes i did gave search base and filter string but unable to read data source properly as attached with errors in the doc. This is really blocking us from proceeding further on this :( ​

hemanth kumar
    IT Support Manager
    tcs

Attachment(s)

docx
    Doc1.docx   221 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: Unable to read LDAP attributes and fields in PDI 9.2.0

Posted 05-19-2022 10:06
    Hi Hemanth,

What is the AD Protocol being used?  In our solution we are just using "LDAP".  We also, in the Advanced tab, have Search scope set to "Subtree scope".

Lastly, have you tried using PDI version 9.1 to see if that works?  If it does, then there would seem to be a bug in 9.2.  If it results in the same error then that makes me think there could be some permissions issue in that the user account is able to successfully connect to AD but does not have permissions to do much else.

Thanks,

Matt

Matthew Casper
    Flexential Corp.

• 5.  RE: Unable to read LDAP attributes and fields in PDI 9.2.0

Posted 05-19-2022 10:11
    Hi Matt,

AD protocol we used is LDAP SSL and yes subtree scope is enabled. I tried in PDI 9.1 and 9.3 as well but the result is still same, if its bug by chance do you know whom we need to report to for further resolution.

Once again i appreciate your help on this, thank you.

hemanth kumar
    IT Support Manager
    tcs

• 6.  RE: Unable to read LDAP attributes and fields in PDI 9.2.0

Posted 05-20-2022 11:21
    Hi Hemanth,

So I use version 9.1 with Service Pack 9.1.0.3, so enterprise edition, not community edition and our solution is able to connect without issue.  However we are not using LDAP SSL Protocol, just LDAP.

I did download 9.2 CE though and was able to connect to LDAP successfully and get fields without error.  If you're experiencing the same error across versions, then I don't believe it's a bug with PDI but more of something on your company's LDAP side doing the blocking from getting fields.

Perhaps utilize an some sort of super user account that has immense permissions to see if that works.

I hope that helps.

Matthew Casper
    Flexential Corp.

• 7.  RE: Unable to read LDAP attributes and fields in PDI 9.2.0

Posted 05-20-2022 11:39
    Thanks for the detailed explanation Matt this helps us to troubleshoot further, could you please let me know how we can get enterprise edition and also is there any cost tagged to it if we want to try out with ? - thanks again for your timely inputs.

hemanth kumar
    IT Support Manager
    tcs

• 8.  RE: Unable to read LDAP attributes and fields in PDI 9.2.0

Posted 05-20-2022 14:03
    Hi Hamanth,

You can definitely download a 30 day trial version to see how that performs.  I believe with this link below you should be able to see a comparison between EE & CE and then at the bottom of the page is a Download Pentaho link.

https://www.hitachivantara.com/en-us/products/data-management-analytics/lumada-dataops/data-integration-analytics.html

The Enterprise Edition does have a cost associated with it and I'm sure one of the sales folks can supply a quote after understanding your company's need.

Thanks,

Matt

Matthew Casper
    Flexential Corp.