General Discussion

View Only

Introduction

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Introduction

Posted 11-05-2021 17:32
    Hi everyone,
    I'm David Livingston at Instant Brands.  I'm our UNIX (Solaris), Linux (Red Hat), and VMware administrator, and also administer storage for all those and Windows.  Storage mainly means a VSP F600 on an FC SAN, and we also have a small Netapp unit for NFS and CIFS shares.  I've been in this position for almost ten years, taking on primary responsibility for VMware three years ago.

Before my current position, I was a presales SE and hands-on consultant at a reseller and services company.  That position involved a lot of Sun server and storage sales, installations, and migrations, data backup projects, and contract system and backup admin.  I also led a project to implement vSphere 3.5 with an HDS AMS 1000, with Veritas NetBackup doing VCB backups, which was a complete new server infrastructure for a regional newspaper.  A fun moment in the project was getting two OpenVMS servers working with the HDS array over FC.  The OpenVMS consultant didn't know FC, and I didn't know OpenVMS, but with us two together, we had it working in a half-hour!

In my even-earlier life I worked in aerodynamics of commercial airliners.  Having been laid off from that, I became a presales SE for CAD software and eventually transitioned into IT.

Hello again! I hope this new community gets high participation.

David

------------------------------
    David Livingston [Designation]
    IT Support Manager
    Corelle Brands Holdings Inc.
    ------------------------------