General Discussion

View Only
  • 1.  Hitachi Storage Plug-in for Containers with Hyper-V virtual fibre channel

Posted 02-15-2022 04:05
    Hi,

Reading from the HSPC overview,
    https://knowledge.hitachivantara.com/Documents/Adapters_and_Drivers/Storage_Adapters_and_Drivers/Containers/Storage_Plug-in_for_Containers/3.8.0/Storage_Plug-in_for_Containers_Quick_Reference_Guide_v3.8.0/01_Overview#Storage_requirements

HSPC only supports the following interface:
    - Fibre Channel and iSCSI for baremetal servers
    - iSCSI for vSphere virtual machines

What about Hyper-V with virtual fibre channel? As with virtual fibre channel the VM can have direct FC access to the SAN, does it treated as the same as Fibre Channel for baremetal servers and is supported?

Thank you.

Kevin

------------------------------
    Kevin Tang
    Systems Engineer
    Hospital Authority

• 2.  RE: Hitachi Storage Plug-in for Containers with Hyper-V virtual fibre channel

Posted 07-09-2022 03:02
    NoteStorage Plug-in for Containers is tested with VMware vSphere 7.0. Fibre Channel, Verify if Fibre Channel HBA is installed on all hosts.
    My PepsiCo
    David Marsden
    Channel Manager
    Asian Solutions

• 3.  RE: Hitachi Storage Plug-in for Containers with Hyper-V virtual fibre channel

Posted 11-02-2022 05:42
    Hi Kevin,
    I have setup an OpenShift Cluster with HSPC in Bare-Metal with FC connectivity.

Souvik Bose
    Hardware Test Engineer - Advanced
    Hitachi Vantara

• 4.  RE: Hitachi Storage Plug-in for Containers with Hyper-V virtual fibre channel

Posted 11-03-2022 05:14
    Good question Kevin, I was also thinking the same, let's wait and see if someone in this community can address this.

Prasenjit Chatterjee
    Non-Hitachi Vantara

• 5.  RE: Hitachi Storage Plug-in for Containers with Hyper-V virtual fibre channel

Posted 11-03-2022 05:22
    Hi Kevin,
    I have checked in the https://cloud.redhat.com/openshift Create cluster section in the datacenter tab they have all option like bare metal, Redhat Openstack, Vsphere, IBMz but there is no option for Hyper-V, I think openshift does not support Hyper-V not yet maybe they will include it in future releases.

Souvik Bose
    Hardware Test Engineer - Advanced
    Hitachi Vantara

• 6.  RE: Hitachi Storage Plug-in for Containers with Hyper-V virtual fibre channel

Posted 11-07-2022 05:56
    thank you @Souvik Bose for taking out time and looking into it. This is helpful.​​

Karan Patani
    Hardware Test Engineer - Senior
    Hitachi Vantara