Pentaho

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Pentaho 9.4 issue with Beanshell while running Pentaho Reporting Output - Kettle

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Pentaho 9.4 issue with Beanshell while running Pentaho Reporting Output - Kettle

Posted 19 days ago

Hello

I am currently migrating my Pentaho version from 9.1 to 9.4.

I am running a report that uses the Beanshell script. Initially, it was not working as default, so I changed the classic-engine properties in pentaho/WEB-INF/classes by adding org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.allowScriptEvaluation=true. It has fixed the issue with running the report from the server. Still, now it has an issue while running the same report via transformation on the Pentaho server, which uses the Pentaho Reporting Output step to generate report output.

I am facing the following issues there:

1. The Beanshell(BSH) Function used in the PRD report, is not giving any output, no error, and coming blank.
    2. JNDI is working fine on the server, but while running the report via transformation on the Pentaho server giving an error like "Failed to access JNDI system". JDBC connection works fine.

I found in 9.4 changes are with plugins/pentaho-reporting-plugins/lib, which is not there in 9.1. 

Can you please suggest what I am missing to fix Beanshell(BSH) that can work with the transformation uploaded in the Pentaho server? 

Thanks in advance

------------------------------
    Nitin Pipalia
    Systems Engineer
    Cubegle Technologies

• 2.  RE: Pentaho 9.4 issue with Beanshell while running Pentaho Reporting Output - Kettle

Posted 18 days ago

I have fixed this by deleting all the jar from pentaho-solutions/system/kettle/plugins/pentaho-reporting-plugins/lib folder.

And modified kettle-engine-9.4.0.0-343.jar to include Reporting folder with classes inside that. It was missing in version 9.4 and was available in 9.1.

Nitin Pipalia
    Systems Engineer
    Cubegle Technologies