General Discussion

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Safe deleting LUN on HITACHI AMS 2100

This thread has been viewed 54 times
  • 1.  Safe deleting LUN on HITACHI AMS 2100

Posted 05-20-2022 05:06

Hi,

I have an old HITACHI AMS 2100 on which are stored some sensitive data that we're going to give, and I'd like to know if there simple ways to erase safely those data. LUN are stored on both classic raid groups and dp pools.

=EDIT=

The SAN HW rev is 0200 and the firmware rev. is 08D3/D-X.

To give more information about my situation : all of the dp pools and rg use a RAID 6+1  configuration. All of the LUNs are used by a Vmware hypervisor. Some LUN are used as disks on wihch ntfs and ext4 partitions lives : those are mapped using Raw Device Mapping. The other are used as VMFS targets (a mix of vmfs ver. 5 and 6) mapped using FC  and some data stored on it are sensitive too.

My best try for LUN hosting ntfs partition is to wipe the data using sdelete from Microsoft Internals.
    For the VMFS data store, I plan to use unix command dd on the esx host to overwrite the disk.

Last resort would be to recreate a unique big LUN and wiping the whole thing.

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Tumasgiu Rossini
    Service Administrator
    GIP RECONSTITUTION TITRES PROPRIETE

• 2.  RE: Safe deleting LUN on HITACHI AMS 2100

Posted 07-21-2022 02:22
    installing Hitachi Adaptable Modular Storage (AMS) 2100, 2300, Manager, Data Retention Utility, LUN Manager, Performance Monitor, SNMP.

GM Global Connect

David Marsden
    Channel Manager
    Asian Solutions