- Validate the Global Replication Report (GRR) in Hitachi Ops Center Protector v7.3 in a large-scale environment.
- Validate the impact of running the reports on an Ops Center V10.8.0 API Configuration Manager (CM-REST) server by registering ten VSP 5600 storage systems (approximately 9K replication pairs)
The Global Replication Reports provide a complete list of all replications on the storage systems including replications that are not managed by Protector. This feature works by interfacing with the Ops Center CM-REST server, which provides an inventory of all replications on each storage system. Protector caches the result from the CM-REST server and aggregates the results.
- Ops Center Protector was installed on a virtual machine (VM) server using the standalone installer. The Ops Center CM-REST server, which we need for reporting, was installed on a separate VM server using the Ops Center OVA (Open Virtualization Appliance) v10.8.0.
- Ten VSP 5600 storage systems were registered in the Ops Center CM-REST server instance.
- The ten VSP 5600 storage systems were discovered as block storage nodes in the Protector UI by specifying the address and port of the Ops Center CM-REST interface for the storage system being configured (as described below).
- Different replication pairs (Snapshots/SI/TC/HUR/GAD) were created on these storage systems outside of Protector.
- Periodically, the “All Reports” version of the Global Replication Report was run from the Protector Reports section of the UI and the CM-REST server resource utilization was checked.
Environment Configuration Layout
The overall environment layout for the testing is shown in the following diagrams: