Skip navigation

Recent Activity

Hu Yoshida
Various world organizations and financial institutions have sought to develop a digitization index to evaluate a country’s ability to provide the necessary environment for business to succeed in an increasingly digitized global economy. The following study was done in 2016 and is interesting since it shows a strong correlation between digitization… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
On one of my trips to Singapore in June 2016, I was invited to meet with a new startup in the telco space. A company called MyRepublic. MyRepublic was started in 2011 to leverage Singapore’s exciting Next Gen NBN roll-out – the first of many National Broadband Networks (NBN) happening in the Asia Pacific region. By January 2014, this startup was… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
Data centers are digitally transforming from being an infrastructure provider to a provider of the right service at the right time and the right price. Workloads are becoming increasingly distributed, with applications running in public and private clouds as well as in traditional enterprise data centers. Applications are becoming more modular,… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
  SHARE is a volunteer-run user group for IBM mainframe computers that was founded in 1955 and is still active today providing, education, professional networking, and industry influence on the direction of mainframe development. SHARE member say that SHARE is not an acronym, it is what they do. SHARE was the precursor of the open source… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
It’s been two weeks since my cancer surgery and this is my first blog post since then. In Hitachi Vantara there is a major focus on developing IoT solutions in various industries including healthcare so my experience with chemotherapy, surgery, and hospital care was very interesting from a recipient point of view. It gave me a much greater… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
  I am very pleased to welcome Bill Schmarzo to our Hitachi Vantara community. Bill is very well known in the Big Data Community having authored two books, “Big Data: Understanding How Data Powers Big Business” and "Big Data MBA: Driving Business Strategies with Data Science."  He is considered the Dean of Big Data. He’s an avid blogger and… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
In my last blog post I commented on Hitachi Vantara’s selection as one of the “Coolest Business Analytics vendors”by CRN, Computer Reseller News, and expanded on Hitachi Vantara’s business analytics capabilities. CRN’s report positions business analysis tools at the top of the big data tools pyramid to derive insight and value from the… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
CRN, Computer Reseller News, a leading trade magazine, has named Hitachi Vantara as one of the 30 Coolest Business Analytics Vendors.This may be a surprise for many to see Hitachi Vantara, part of a 118 year old company with traditional values like Harmony (Wa), Sincerity (Makoto), and Pioneering Spirit (Kaitakusha-Seishin), in the middle of a… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
In order for companies to be more agile in responding to changing customer needs and market dynamics, they must have a storage infrastructure that makes data available at the right time, at the right place and in the right format, so that they can derive value from it and turn raw data into insights that drive business outcomes. With the explosion… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
This week I had the pleasure to be a panelist on SAP Radio. The Moderator was Bonnie D. Graham, Global Thought Leadership Media Director and the Creator / Producer / Host of SAP Game-Changers Radio. Other panelists included Karin Underwood, a first-year MBA student at the Stanford Graduate School of Business where she is a co-president of the… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Load more items