Skip navigation

Recent Activity

Hu Yoshida
In my last blog post I commented on Hitachi Vantara’s selection as one of the “Coolest Business Analytics vendors”by CRN, Computer Reseller News, and expanded on Hitachi Vantara’s business analytics capabilities. CRN’s report positions business analysis tools at the top of the big data tools pyramid to derive insight and value from the… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
CRN, Computer Reseller News, a leading trade magazine, has named Hitachi Vantara as one of the 30 Coolest Business Analytics Vendors.This may be a surprise for many to see Hitachi Vantara, part of a 118 year old company with traditional values like Harmony (Wa), Sincerity (Makoto), and Pioneering Spirit (Kaitakusha-Seishin), in the middle of a… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
In order for companies to be more agile in responding to changing customer needs and market dynamics, they must have a storage infrastructure that makes data available at the right time, at the right place and in the right format, so that they can derive value from it and turn raw data into insights that drive business outcomes. With the explosion… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
This week I had the pleasure to be a panelist on SAP Radio. The Moderator was Bonnie D. Graham, Global Thought Leadership Media Director and the Creator / Producer / Host of SAP Game-Changers Radio. Other panelists included Karin Underwood, a first-year MBA student at the Stanford Graduate School of Business where she is a co-president of the… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
  The future is full of social challenges that will drive a need for Social Innovation. Addressing this need will require collaboration across government, business, and non-profits. In order for these innovations to be sustainable, corporations will need to integrate Social Innovation into their business strategy so that profits are tied to… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
While the acronym IT stands for Information Technology and is synonymous with the data center, in reality the focus of IT has often been more on infrastructure since infrastructure represented the bulk of a data center’s capital and operational costs. Digital transformation and the need for more agile business outcomes requires the transformation… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
Recently I had the pleasure to meet with a group from KT, South Korea’s largest telephone company. It was very exciting to hear about their experiences at the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics where they partnered with major companies like Intel and Samsung with their 5G wireless network technology to deliver the most high-tech Olympic games in history!… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
According to Wikipedia, Serverless computing is a cloud computing model in which the cloud service provider dynamically manages the allocation of machine resources. Serverless computing still requires servers. The name "serverless computing" is used because the server management and capacity planning decisions are completely hidden from the… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
This week I had the opportunity to hear Michael Sherwood, Director of Technology and Innovation for the city of Las Vegas talk about the IoT innovations that he helped implement there. For Michael, IoT is less about the technology and more about the outcome in terms of making the city safer, smarter, healthier and saving money for the city through… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
Digital transformation revolves around our ability to modernize our data center because that is where our data resides. The data center is no longer a physical location. It extends beyond the walls of the enterprise, to the cloud, and to the edge where new data is being generated and analyzed. Data holds the key to our success in this new digital… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Load more items