Blogs

Nathan Moffitt
Click to view contentFour and a half years ago, I got a call from a close friend asking me to come over to Hitachi. Within 30 minutes she had intrigued me enough to consider leaving my current role, but not for the reasons you might think.   At a professional level there was no reason to move. I had a good gig, great products to market and solid career prospects.… (Show more)
in Nathan Moffitt's Blog
Hu Yoshida
Click to view contentJuly 20th, 1969, marks the 50thanniversary of the lunar landing of Apollo 11. This brings back a lot of great memories for me as I was on the IBM team that was supporting the IT requirements for North American Rockwell, of Downey, California, the manufacturer of the Apollo Command and Service modules. When I was a senior at the University of… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Evan Cropper
Click to view contentby Evan Cropper, Pentaho Product Marketing   Market Dynamics: Cloud and Multicloud If you haven’t already migrated your data to the cloud, you’ve likely explored how it can help manage your growing data volume and variety. Gartner predicts that 75% of all databases will be on a cloud platform by 2023 despite more than half of databases being… (Show more)
in Pentaho
Hu Yoshida
Click to view contentThis year we have seen some of communications service providers (CSP) like ATT, China Mobile, and Telefonica begin the rollout of 5G services. 5G stands for fifth-generation cellular wireless. 5G is fundamentally different than 4G, the previous generation. 5G tops out at 10 Gbps which is 100 times the theoretical top speed of 4G.  Its network… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Jeff Chen
Click to view contentIn previous article, we introduced Hitachi Storage Plug-in for Containers (HSPC) supporting Container Storage Interface (CSI). In this article, we are showing an example of deploying WordPress and MySQL container applications with persistent storage.   As the container market expands, the need for data persistence for stateful applications like… (Show more)
in Jeff Chen's Blog
Hu Yoshida
Click to view contentHyper-converged Infrastructure and Big Data Analytics are two of the biggest trends in modern data architecture today. However, both are challenged by data silos. Hitachi Data Systems can now address those challenges by merging data silos with its next generation Hyper Scale-out Platform (HSP), which now offers native integration with the Pentaho… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Anand Sagar Rao Vala
Click to view contentGuest Contributor: Matt Aslett, Research Vice President, Data, Analytics & Artificial Intelligence, 451 Research   Most companies are increasing their investment in data-processing, analytics and machine-learning software with a desire to become more data-driven. Data – and the rapid processing of data – is a key driver in enabling companies to… (Show more)
in Pentaho
Jigisha Pathak
Click to view contentIf we had a time machine, and travelled back to the mid-2000’s – the question that was top of mind then would have been “Maintain our own datacenter, or take advantage of this nascent and not yet proven cloud services?” But in 2019, a solid data management strategy requires including both to meet the SLOs, compliance, scalability and economics… (Show more)
Hu Yoshida
Click to view contentHitachi Vantara has partnered with Telefonica and Santander Bank in developing the first 5G use cases for the banking sector in Europe. They have developed the first 5G experience around three use cases that customers can enjoy at two bank offices in the city of Alcobendas, near Madrid, the first banking offices connected by 5G technology in… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Evan Cropper
Click to view contentby John Magee, Vice President Portfolio Marketing   The Pentaho engine is a key component of Hitachi’s Lumada data and analytics platform for building innovative data-driven solutions for general business and IoT use cases.  Recently we delivered Pentaho 8.3, an important update to our flagship data integration and analytics software and a key… (Show more)
in Pentaho
Hu Yoshida
Click to view contentBernard Marr published an article about The Amazing Ways Hitachi Uses Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning in the June 14 issue of Forbes. In that article he talks about Hitachi AI Technology/H which was announced in 2015. This AI technology can be applied to many applications rather than just built for a specific application. H supports a… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
cchaffey
Click to view contentA-Z of customer success: C - D.  In the 2nd part of this series, see videos, case studies, blogs on how Hitachi  Vantara solutions have benefited  customers in energy, telco, retail, IT, nuclear research and more    CERN Turns to Pentaho to Optimize Operations. CERN, Europe's nuclear research organization, has 15,000+ scientists and other users… (Show more)
in Hitachi Customer Voices
Load more items