Hitachi Solution for Databases - Virtualized Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC) on Oracle Linux Virtualization Manager (OLVM) provides reliability, high availability, and scalability while processing small to large, virtualized Oracle workloads.
With the use of Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform E series family (VSP E590), this offerings enables our customers to leverage the best capabilities from virtualizing Oracle RAC on OLVM while maintaining agile and automated storage built upon the innovative technologies found in our high-end enterprise system. Virtualized Oracle RAC on OLVM is fast, agile, and enables more efficient use of resources. Oracle RAC virtualization using OLVM aims for IT transformation, as you want a fast and flexible journey to reduce cost, quickly scale up or down.
Oracle Linux Virtualization Manager release 4.3.6 supports multiple hosts running Oracle Linux KVM. The foundation of OLVM is ovirt-engine which is used to discover KVM hosts and configure storage and networking for the virtualized data center. To create an Oracle RAC on Oracle Linux Virtualization Manager, this environment uses below key components:
- Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform (VSP E590)
- Hitachi Advanced Server DS220 with Intel Xeon Platinum 8276 processors
- Hitachi Advanced Server DS120 with Intel Xeon Gold Processor 6240,18-core processors
- Oracle Linux Virtualization Manager
Storage ConfigurationThe solution’s storage configuration takes into consideration Hitachi Vantara for Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform and Oracle recommended practices for the design and deployment of database storage.The high-level storage configuration diagram for OLVM is shown here:To learn more details, the Reference Architecture for Oracle Linux Virtualization Manager solution can be found here and Oracle Real Application Clusters Database 19c with Hitachi VSP E790 can be found here.
- Oracle Linux Virtualization Manager provides key benefits like agility, low expense, simplicity etc.
- Oracle Virtualization reduces operation and support costs while increasing IT efficiency and agility—on premises and in the cloud.
- Increased flexibility to dynamically respond to business requirements.
- Reduce overhead for hypervisor to minimize infrastructure and software licensing costs.
- Simplified management with Oracle Linux Virtualization Manager.