For our Data Test Track Derby races, we inspected each car at weigh-in on race day.
We will weigh each car with the "official scale" and will turn back any car that exceeded 5.0 oz in combined axle weight. We will then do a quick visual inspection of each car against the following inspection points:
Car Dimension Rules
- The overall length of the car shall not exceed 7 inches.
- The overall width of the car shall not exceed 2 ¾ inches.
- The overall height of the car shall not exceed 3 ¾ inches. This is so that no collision occurs with the track timer.
- The car must have 1 ¾” clearance between the wheels. (This is pre-determined by the use of the lego platform)
- The car must have 3/8” clearance underneath the body so it does not rub on the track. (This is pre-determined by the use of the lego platform)
Derby Car Weight Rules
- The car shall not exceed 5.0 ounces.
- The official race scale that is used at car check-in shall be considered final.
Car Modifications Not Allowed
- The provided lego car platform must be used. The lego blocks themselves may be shaped in any way that is desired.
- Provided lego bricks must be used. Please don't bring your own
- The axles may be altered, polished and lubricated.
- Once a car passes inspection and is entered into the race, only race operators members can touch it.
- Each car must pass inspection by the official race operators before it will be allowed to compete.
- The race operators have the responsibility to disqualify those cars that do not meet these rules. We can still capture your data for your though.
If you have a question about rules, be sure to ask the person running your race because they have the final say about what is and isn't legal for that race.#ThoughtLeadership#HitachiNEXT#Blog