The Data Test Track Derby architecture was designed with a few core principles in mind, such as:
- Spin-up from anywhere, even in the absence or questionable internet connectivity
- Show case convergence of IoT and smart data capture leveraging a handful of Hitachi software tools and platforms
- Automated and enabled conclusions from the data capture
- Open-source project demonstrating Jive integration best practices using Add-ons
The general flow for the integration runs as the following:
- Racers build their derby cars, register themselves and then the car before visiting the Derby start gate.
- Racers are assigned a Racer ID
- This ID corresponds to their ID provided during racer registration
- Start gate assistant uses a simple UI to map users to respective lanes on the track, and starts the race.
- IoT sensors and other devices capture race speed information, and send racer profile information, lane assignments, race recording and speed details to HCP and local storage environments, or native cloud apps for further processing and orchestration.
- Pentaho tools processes the race result information and create reports and outcomes
- After the event, the environment can be decommissioned without any infrastructure mess