Get Predictable, super-charged performance for business-critical applications for Oracle Database solutions with VSP E990
Is your infrastructure future proof? The Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform (VSP) portfolio delivers performance and agility today and scales to match future demands. Customers can maximize their data infrastructure advantage, improve IT operational efficiency and drive business value with VSP E990 from Hitachi Vantara’s Mid-Market flash portfolio.
VSP E990 NVMe architecture delivers consistent low-microsecond latency and reduced transaction costs of latency critical applications, Predictable performance optimizes storage resources., giving your growing business the performance that large enterprises rely on to satisfy the demands of real-time, data hungry applications. With Hitachi Solutions for Databases for Oracle Real Application cluster (RAC) with VSP E990 and Hitachi Advanced servers DS220, customers can enjoy efficiency, scalability and higher performance.
Using Hitachi OpsCenter with VSP E990 helps achieve AI-enabled management, automation and data protection, improved operational efficiency, end-to-end analytics to optimize operations and reduce manual tasks and risks.
Hitachi offers two full Reference Architectures based on VSP E990 with DS220, which can be found here.
Both solutions enable you to:
- Achieve high Oracle database performance with VSP E990 storage.
- Gain a complete solution for converged Oracle products.
1. Hitachi Solution for Databases - Oracle Composable Platform with Virtual Storage Platform E990 and Hitachi Advanced Server DS220
This solution architecture will help you to understand how Hitachi Solution for Databases provides a high performance, integrated, converged solution for Oracle using Hitachi VSP E990. The environment uses VSP E990, Hitachi Advanced Server DS220 with 2nd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable Processors and Hitachi Advanced Server DS120 servers with Intel Xeon Scalable Processors. With these products, you can design an Oracle converged infrastructure to meet your requirements and budget.
This solution uses the VSP E990 storage system with NVMe SSDs to boost performance. Hitachi Advanced Server DS220 is used in this reference architecture to run a dedicated Oracle Database 19c with the Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) option, and it uses Oracle Linux 7.6 for the operating system. Hitachi Advanced Server DS120 is dedicated for management applications.
2. Hitachi Solution for Databases – Oracle Cloud XaaS Platform with Virtual Storage Platform E990 and Hitachi Advanced Server DS220
This solution provides a base to migrate to Oracle Database Cloud Service:
- Quick database deployment in the cloud
- Validation of virtual machine configurations
It provides the flexibility to select storage and compute resources based on unique requirements. Deploy small databases as well as very large databases, depending on resource availability.
Here are some benefits of Oracle XaaS Cloud Foundation reference architecture:
- Create Oracle Linux Virtualization Manager clusters with multiple Hitachi Advanced Server DS220 servers to deploy virtual machines for an Oracle database deployment.
- Add or remove servers in the Oracle Linux Virtualization Manager pool based on business requirements.
Enjoy the data ride…