Champions Corner

3 people like this.
As VMworld disappears in the rear-view mirror, we have a few learnings to pick from the event. The most obvious one is that containers have made it to the mainstream. Session after session, the adoption of data made it abundantly clear that inherent portability and speed of deployments have made container technology the deployment of choice for the developer community. IT operation policies are evolving to support the new paradigm with the right infrastructure for set-up, performance, replication, recovery, and management. We at Hitachi collaborated with VMware Product Management and engineering teams in bringing to fruition an  integrated Kubernetes platform ...
2 comments
4 people like this.
Are you considering how to approach meeting the goal of delivering a  container workload platform as part of your evolving infrastructure that can satisfy the multiple different developer and operational needs that could potentially span on-premise and public cloud workloads.. How about managing the ever present data that is the lifeblood of those application services and provide those developers with access to reliable, protected persistent storage options that are easily consumable We just published our most recent reference architecture which walks you through how to accomplish those goals above.  This paper demonstrates combining VMware VCF,  TKGs, TMC, ...
3 comments
Be the first person to like this.
Co creation success story of our biggest banking customer which resulted in Automating their IT Infrastructure with Hitachi Unified Compute Platform Advisor. Learn how we enabled private cloud experience for various application workloads on UCP Platform for Rabobank IT. Recording of the Breakout Session at Hitachi NEXT 2019 Any questions please contact : Srini.Ponnala@HitachiVantara.com #GetYourRedOn #Blog #Multi-CloudAcceleration #ThoughtLeadership
4 comments
How Do I Know My Cloud Strategy is The Right Strategy? By Peter Meister, Head of Product Management at Hitachi Vantara, and Martin Bradbury, Senior Director at Hitachi Vantara. As organizations consider their cloud strategies, it’s worth remembering that we’ve been through IT evolutions many, many times before. We moved from the days of mainframe, where everything was done in the data center, to client and server in the 1990s. Then into thin clients in the 2000s, to the application and the virtualization journey in the late 2000s. It’s worth remembering, because in our view, every time there’s an IT evolution the same process and framework ...
0 comments
If you’ve read any of my other blogs – you know that I love technology and how it can be used to solve real business problems.  I’m lucky that I get the opportunity to talk with a wide variety of companies as well as other professionals to keep learning about how our world is continuously changing around us, and how we can better help people prepare for the future. One of my favorite topics is cloud – in all its myriad forms.  I remember a few years ago both analysts and customers asking my opinion on whether one cloud type would end up dominant.  My answer then, and now, is that since IMHO the goal of cloud is to put your data and applications where it ...
0 comments
Have you heard the one about the need to go “cloud first”? Really, stop me if you’ve heard it already.  Of course, you have!  Going to cloud is the imperative at almost every company world-wide.  How exactly to make that happen quickly and effectively can be another story altogether. The promise of cloud is intoxicating – put your data in the cloud will be cheap and easy, giving you an instant competitive advantage. The reality?  Not so much.  In order to effectively implement cloud involves the identification, implementation and management of a highly complex set of tasks, processes and activities.  Implementing a hybrid cloud infrastructure includes ...
0 comments