Hitachi Content Platform​

uuid's for HCI Objects

• Object Storage
  • Hitachi Content Intelligence HCI
Hedde van der Hoeven's profile image
Hedde van der Hoeven posted 02-21-2018 12:44

Dear community,

I'm exporting the configuration (workflows, piplines,indeci etc..) from one HCI cluster and importing it into another one so I don't have to do all the configuration again. I believe by importing into the other HCI it also inherits the uuid's for objects of the originating HCI.

Does having identical uuid's on different cluster cause any issues or potential future problems?

And if I want unique uuids do I need to change them all manually?

-Hedde-

#HitachiContentIntelligenceHCI
Jared Cohen's profile image
Jared Cohen

Hedde,

The UUID's will be imported identically to the exported components. I can't think of any reason why having identical UUID's on a separate system would be an issue.

If you wanted to change their UUID after importing them, you could clone the object and delete the original.

One thing to keep in mind when importing/exporting is that while index schema configuration and query settings are preserved, shard settings are not attached to the individual index, they are attached to the Index service, and are not preserved through import/export. You will need to create a new Index with the proper shard configuration and attach it to your imported workflows.

Hope this helps,

-Jared

Hedde van der Hoeven's profile image
Hedde van der Hoeven

Thanks Jared, I'm only changing (cloning) the items I'm most likely to address via the admin API(workflow in particular) to avoid UUID confusion there.

Hedde