General Discussion

View Only
  • 1.  Pentaho Server - Error trying to connect to a MySQL Connector

Posted 9 days ago

Hi Community! its me again!

Today i was trying to run a test job in the Pentaho Server Site of my company...

The proyect consist in connect to a MySQL Server Database and do a simple insert to a Table called "Dolar_Oficial"

When i try to do it in Pentaho Data Integration Spoon GUI locally the job runs without a trouble but when i upload the job to the Pentaho Server URL i got the following error.

Here i list the log from the kettle/status page of Pentaho Server...

2024/04/25 14:02:00 - Job - Start of job execution
    2024/04/25 14:02:00 - Job - Starting entry [Insert Dolar Oficial]
    2024/04/25 14:02:00 - Insert Dolar Oficial - ERROR (version 9.4.0.0-343, build 0.0 from 2022-11-08 07.50.27 by buildguy) : An error occurred executing this job entry :
    2024/04/25 14:02:00 - Insert Dolar Oficial - Error occurred while trying to connect to the database
    2024/04/25 14:02:00 - Insert Dolar Oficial -
    2024/04/25 14:02:00 - Insert Dolar Oficial - Connection failed. Verify all connection parameters and confirm that the appropriate driver is installed.
    2024/04/25 14:02:00 - Insert Dolar Oficial - Unknown initial character set index '255' received from server. Initial client character set can be forced via the 'characterEncoding' property.
    2024/04/25 14:02:00 - Job - Finished job entry [Insert Dolar Oficial] (result=[false])
    2024/04/25 14:02:00 - Job - Job execution finished

I know before that i need to put the jdbc connector of mysql in my Pentaho Data Integration folder to run it but i dont know if i need to do it in my Pentaho Server so i can run it too...

If i need to do it where is the correct path to put that connector file?

Thanks in advance!

------------------------------
    Mariano Dabove
    Others
    ItPatagonia

• 2.  RE: Pentaho Server - Error trying to connect to a MySQL Connector

Posted 8 days ago

Hi Mariano, 

You need to put the connector file into tomcat/lib folder, and it will work.

Thanks.

Nitin Pipalia
    Systems Engineer
    Cubegle Technologies

• 3.  RE: Pentaho Server - Error trying to connect to a MySQL Connector

Posted 8 days ago

Thats correct!

Later when i post in the forum i found the solution!

But thanks for your reply will help a lot for future newcomers!

Mariano Dabove
    Others
    ItPatagonia