Data Protection

View Only

upgrading commvault v.11.20(hitachi version) to v.11.24 + upragging to sql2019

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  upgrading commvault v.11.20(hitachi version) to v.11.24 + upragging to sql2019

Posted 11-23-2022 07:35
    hello everyone,

does anyone has experience with upgrading commvualt data protection suite

i have commvault version 11.20.94 (hitachi) installed on a windows server 2016 (vmware machine)

i wanted to update the sql server to sql 2019, it is supported only from version 11.24

Upgrading Microsoft SQL Server Editions on the CommServe Computer

Commvault remove preview
    Upgrading Microsoft SQL Server Editions on the CommServe Computer
    You can upgrade old Microsoft SQL Server editions to Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Standard Edition on the CommServe computer. The following procedure ensures that older components such as .NET Framework are removed. You should consider performing a hardware refresh or a VM refresh at same time you upgrade to Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Standard Edition.
    View this on Commvault >

it is recommended to uninstall all the sql server installed and then remove the  commvault
    and after that to install the version 11.24 and it will install the sql 2019

my issuses :
    1. i tried to download the packges from Hitachi web site - it fails for version 11.24 ,
    - must i use the commvault package from hitachi site ? or can i use the package from commvault site ?

2. i did tried to install the installation package  from commvualt site, i finished the whole installation process,
    but when i tried to import the DB, it said that i have a corruption in my DB (i did not save the error log files)
    - do i need to upgrade the commserve, and only after that to export or backup the commcell DB  ? and later do the whole process to upgrade the sql server ?

thanks in advance

------------------------------
    maoz kehimker
    IT Support Manager
    Optimal Plus LTD
    ------------------------------