Modern Data Protection re-architected for scalability, security, cloud services
The Center of Excellence offers support which includes Demo`s, PoC`s and sales/pre-sales support functions.
For more information CLICK HERE
To Request support CLICK HERE
See below the Demo overview.
Hitachi-Ops Data Instance Director: Enables the deployment of modern data protection and copy data management capabilities as cloud-based services, with new features including:
A comprehensive RESTful API to enable full integration with application environments and managed services portals. Storage-assisted protection of VMware vSphere environments, with a vCenter management plug-in, for block and file storage.
Automation of the Data Retention Utility within Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform (VSP) systems to enable fast recovery of application data following a ransomware or other cyber attack.
Veritas Netbackup (Cloud catalyst): Demo the interoperability of Veritas and Hitachi products to provide a strong and cost-effective alternative to Dell Data Domain. The Demo covers the following steps:
- Demonstrate both local Replication in the form of ShadowImage and ThinImage as well as Remote replication demos in the form of GAD, TrueCopy, TrueCopy 3DC and Universal Replicator.
- Demonstrate Application consistent snapshot and remote mounts for Oracle dababases, SQL databases and SAP HANA databases.
- Demonstrate the higly granular, role based access controle for securing processes and data storage resources
- Demonstrate backup tiering to HCP for long back up retention
- Demonstrate intergration with VADP for granular (VMware tagging) VM related backup and restore
- Demonstrate application consistent snapshots utilizing pre and post scripts on PostgreSQL.
- VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM) with Hitachi array based replication utilizing Site Recovery Adaptor (SRA) for HDID
- Hitachi Data Instance Director (HDID), using automount presents a Storage-based DB snapshot to Veritas Netbackup
- Veritas Netbackup – Writes data to safety
- Initially to the physical 5240 Appliance for short-term retention
- Using Storage Lifecycle Policies (SLP) data is either marked for short-term retention or for Long-term retention
- Using the (virtual 5240) Cloud Catalyst longer term retention is duplicated to Hitachi Content platform (HCP), whilst maintaining Netbackup Deduplication ratio
- Hitachi Content Platform – Storage platform for longer term retention data