What is the most effective way to monitor if jobs are running to completion?
I am trying to setup logging to monitor if my jobs are running successfully. This is because jobs can fail at times but there is no way for us to know without manually checking on a daily basis.
My environment is as follows:
• Windows Server 2016
• Jobs & transformations setup in Spoon
• Windows Task Scheduler setup to run Kitchen that executes the jobs
• The transformations are picking data from predominantly Oracle DB's, manipulating the data, and inserting it into a MySQL DB.
• The MySQL DB is connected to my SMS gateway and sends out SMS's to customers
• The jobs are run once a day at a set time
• It is not necessary that data be available for SMS's to be sent as the SMS's are things like customer birthday & I may not have a customer with a birthday on any given day. This means the job will run but not insert any data into MySQL
Task Scheduler can run but the job can fail.
I have tried to setup job logging in Spoon. The logs write to a MySQL DB. I have setup Job Log, Job Entry Log and Job Channel Log. But the first two are only outputting 0 for LINES_READ, LINES_WRITTEN etc.
Any insights would be greatly appreciated.