Pentaho

View Only

Login Page does not always direct to the desired page

• Pentaho
  • Pentaho
Shubham Bhardwaj's profile image
Shubham Bhardwaj posted 04-20-2019 10:26

Hi All,

I wanted to go from my Login Page directly to a dashboard (instead of the Home page) (Pentaho BA Server version 8.0). For this, I made appropriate change in the

biserver-ce/tomcat/webapps/pentaho/index.jsp file as shown below :

<html>

<head>

<title>Pentaho BI Platform</title>

< META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="0;URL=./Home" >    ------------ changed to <META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="0;URL="myreporturl">

</head>

<body>

</body>

</html>

This however does not work always. On first login any day, the Home page is displayed. When I log out and log in again, the correct dashboard is displayed.

Even if the display is proper, reopening the link in incognito window or a different browser leads to the same problem (logging out and  re-logging helps).

Moreover, every time the server is restarted, the problem is faced.

Can somebody help me resolve this issue ? Seems that server cache and browser cache are part of the problem..

#Pentaho
Bertha Cisneros's profile image
Bertha Cisneros

I think the code is not perfect itself..u need to modify it

Dan Keeley's profile image
Dan Keeley

Look for the other bit of code regarding the redirect. There's 2 cases where it redirects to the home page.  You need to change them both.

sumit bansal's profile image
sumit bansal

Bertha CisnerosIf possible could you please suggest me some other alternative for this and provide me some snipped of code so that we can have a more idea about that and we can fixed our issue ASAP.I am also having same issue.Sometime it will redirect to required dashboard screen and sometime it will redirect to Home screen then user logout and re login than redirect to required dashboard screen which is ideal not a good solution two times login.

sumit bansal's profile image
sumit bansal

Dan Keeley: Could you please help me on this.I am also facing same problem .Is there any reference link or code where i can get more information related to redirection.