No plugin in the marketplace

• Pentaho
  • Kettle
  • Pentaho
  • Pentaho Data Integration PDI
Victorien DELANGUE's profile image
Victorien DELANGUE posted 07-02-2019 03:38

Hi there, 

I'm trying to switch from PDI enterprise version to the community edition because my free license is over. For some transformations, I was using python executor and found that in the community edition, the CPython executor plugin was the equivalent. 

The issue I have is that in my new Pentaho interface, the market place doesn't display any plugin so I can't download Cpython plugin. I tried lots of different stuff but I don't find any solution to that. Here is what it's displaying : 

pastedimage_1

Can you help me with that? 

Thanks a lot, 

Victorien

#Pentaho
#PentahoDataIntegrationPDI
#Kettle
Johan Hammink's profile image
Johan Hammink

Is your CE installation a new / fresh installation? It should work.

Otherwise you can download plugins : https://marketplace.hitachivantara.com/pentaho/

Place the plugin then in the correct directory. ..\data-integration\plugins or ..\data-integration\plugins\steps

Victorien DELANGUE

Hello Johan, 

Thanks for the answer. I was about to try it when restarting my virtual machine...spoon.sh is not launching anymore...

The terminal is even not displaying any message, just nothing happen when I run spoon.sh. Is it just my virtual machine messing around? 

Thanks and sorry I'm a beginner with all those things aha. 

Victorien

Johan Hammink's profile image
Johan Hammink

When nothing happens when executing spoon it is offen due to the fact it can't find the Java installation.

See  Set Environment Variables in

https://help.pentaho.com/Documentation/8.2/Setup/Installation/Manual/Linux_Environment

And you work with a VM. Has the VM internet access? Installing plugins needs internet access

Victorien DELANGUE

Hello Johan, 

Thanks for the answer, indeed it was a java issue and Pentaho was not able to locate java, now I can use Cpython script plugin! 

Although I have an issue because Pentaho doesn't find my python(anaconda) setup so he's saying that pandas libraries and stuff are not there...