Pentaho

View Only

How to login to Salesforce when MFA is enabled?

Jack Odell's profile image
Jack Odell posted 12-24-2021 07:11
I'm trying to connect a Salesforce Input step to a Salesforce org that requires MFA.  But I can't figure out how to do it.

For other orgs, I can pass my password + security token in the Password field & am able to connect fine.  But this stops working when MFA is required for the user (which I'm doing by enabling the Multi-Factor Authentication for API Logins permission for the user in Salesforce).

I've tried passing my password + one time code generated from my Authenticator app, but that doesn't seem to work.  

Does anyone  know how to get this to work?

Some more details: 
  • Running Pentaho 9.1
  • Connecting to Salesforce API Version 47
Jack Odell's profile image
Jack Odell
I figured it out.  I needed to add my IP Address to Network Access in Salesforce.

According to the Salesforce SOAP API documentation (section Security and the API)
If single sign-on (SSO) is enabled, users who access the API or a desktop client can’t log in unless their IP address is included on your org’s list of trusted IP addresses or on their profile, if their profile has IP address restrictions set.
Gert Wieland's profile image
Gert Wieland
Thank you for posting the solution! I'll have the same task sometime soon, and you certainly saved me some time.