A database error occured reading a transformation from the repository

• Pentaho
  • Kettle
  • Pentaho
  • Pentaho Data Integration PDI
Anthony MOYER's profile image
Anthony MOYER posted 08-06-2021 08:41

Hello,

I am using PDI 9.1.0.0-324 (Community edition) with a MySQL 5.1 repository.

I also use the mysql-connector-java-5.1.49-bin.jar library.

When I want to open some transformations, I get the error:

A database error occured reading a transformation from the repositoryorg.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleException:Unexpected error reading step information from the repositoryInvalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.

The error detail is :

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: Error loading transformationat org.pentaho.di.ui.trans.dialog.TransLoadProgressDialog$1.run(TransLoadProgressDialog.java:123)at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:113)Caused by: org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleException: An error occured reading a transformation from the repository Unexpected error reading step information from the repositoryInvalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.  at org.pentaho.di.repository.kdr.delegates.KettleDatabaseRepositoryTransDelegate.loadTransformation(KettleDatabaseRepositoryTransDelegate.java:674)at org.pentaho.di.repository.kdr.KettleDatabaseRepository.loadTransformation(KettleDatabaseRepository.java:350)at org.pentaho.di.ui.trans.dialog.TransLoadProgressDialog$1.run(TransLoadProgressDialog.java:106)... 1 moreCaused by: org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleException: Unexpected error reading step information from the repositoryInvalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence. at org.pentaho.di.trans.steps.tableinput.TableInputMeta.readRep(TableInputMeta.java:381)at org.pentaho.di.repository.kdr.delegates.KettleDatabaseRepositoryStepDelegate.loadStepMeta(KettleDatabaseRepositoryStepDelegate.java:175)at org.pentaho.di.repository.kdr.delegates.KettleDatabaseRepositoryTransDelegate.loadTransformation(KettleDatabaseRepositoryTransDelegate.java:540)... 3 moreCaused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 12; columnNumber: 18; Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(Unknown Source)at org.pentaho.di.trans.steps.tableinput.TableInputMeta.readRep(TableInputMeta.java:375)... 5 moreCaused by: org.apache.xerces.impl.io.MalformedByteSequenceException: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.at org.apache.xerces.impl.io.UTF8Reader.invalidByte(Unknown Source)at org.apache.xerces.impl.io.UTF8Reader.read(Unknown Source)at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityScanner.load(Unknown Source)at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityScanner.skipChar(Unknown Source)at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)... 9 more

I realized that this problem occurs on transformations which use a "Table input 'component, from the moment PDI manages to connect to the table, and to retrieve its metadata (even if the check mark" Store column info in step meta data "is not checked).

Maybe there is too much data to recover when I reopen the transformation.

This problem only arises when my transformation is in a MySQL repository. It works in a file repository.

To be able to reopen my transformation, I run from MySQL:

SELECT * FROM R_STEP_ATTRIBUTE WHERE ID_STEP_ATTRIBUTE IN (SELECT R_STEP_ATTRIBUTE.ID_STEP_ATTRIBUTE FROM R_TRANSFORMATIONLEFT JOIN R_STEP on R_STEP.ID_TRANSFORMATION = R_TRANSFORMATION.ID_TRANSFORMATIONLEFT JOIN R_STEP_ATTRIBUTE ON R_STEP_ATTRIBUTE.ID_STEP=R_STEP.ID_STEPWHERE R_STEP_ATTRIBUTE.CODE='row-meta' AND R_TRANSFORMATION.NAME='[NOM_DE_LA_TRANFORMATION]')

and I delete all records whose field 'value_str' is not <row-meta> </row-meta>.

Does anyone have a real solution to this problem ?

#Pentaho
#PentahoDataIntegrationPDI
#Kettle