Pentaho

View Only

Do I have the right sample files?Have I placed the sample files in the right directory?If both the above questions/task are done correctly, please advise on what I still need to do to be able to access the sample files.

• Pentaho
  • Ctools
  • Pentaho
Richard Ayo's profile image
Richard Ayo posted 05-24-2021 15:54

I've installed BTable plugin BTable-3.7-STABLE into Pentaho Console 9.0. The installation went well and I could access BTable via -File-->New-->BTable Analyzer and via -Menu Tools-->BTable.

For BTable samples, I've downloaded BTable-samples-pentaho7-3.6-STABLE and placed the BTable folder in .../pentaho-solutions/plugin-samples/BTable. This file contained about 7 samples and 3 directories. I've then amended two files in the .../system folder as given by Massimo here: (http://bonomma.blogspot.com/2017/01/btable-pre-or-post-installation.html)

But I couldn't access the BTable plugin samples which are supposed to be accessed via -Browse Files-->Public-->Plugin-Samples-->Btables (not showing up at all here).

Questions:

• Do I have the right sample files?
  • Have I placed the sample files in the right directory?
  • If both the above questions/task are done correctly, please advise on what I still need to do to be able to access the sample files.

Thanks for your help.

Rich

#Pentaho
#Ctools
Sergio Ribeiro's profile image
Sergio Ribeiro

Hello @Richard Ayo​,

On the referred blog, it says "upload it manually into Pentaho Repository under /public/plugin-samples", so it seems that you misplaced the samples...

So:

1. Login
  2. Select the "Browse files"
  3. Double click the folder "Public" (it will expand to show its subfolders)
  4. Double click the folder "plugin-samples"
  5. Upload the whole Zip file using the "Upload" option available on the "Folder Actions"

You should see the BTable structure.

If you don't see all the files, check if you have enabled the "View > Show Hidden Files" option.

Oh, one last thing: I don't know if that plugin works with Pentaho 9.0... on Sourceforge it says that version 3.7 is for Pentaho 8.1!

Regards,

Sérgio Ribeiro

Porto - Portugal

Richard Ayo

@Sergio Ribeiro​  Thank you very much. I should have known. Uploaded and accessible.

Richard Ayo

Version 3.7 is the latest version I could get hold of. It works reasonably well enough. The css for the right click menu is a bit tacky (all options are displayed at the bottom of the table). Thanks a lot!