Pentaho

View Only

Update from Pentaho BI Server 7.0.0.0-25 to 7.1.0.0-12 (Linux)

• Pentaho
  • Kettle
  • Pentaho
  • Pentaho Data Integration PDI
  • Pentaho Server
Raul Ianosiga's profile image
Raul Ianosiga posted 08-28-2018 11:54

Greetings,

After some google digging I cannot seem to find a straight forward tutorial on a proper update from Pentaho BI Server 7.0.0.0-25 to 7.1.0.0-12. I have found the tutorial on the official Pentaho website but there it states that I require a certain package ("pentaho-server-ee-upgrade-7.1.0.zip").I cannot download it since I need an account there, which I do not have and cannot create. Can anyone please let me know of a proper way to upgrade my Pentaho BI server (the free version)?

I am running it on a Centos 7 box.

Best regards,

Raul

#Kettle
#PentahoServer
#PentahoDataIntegrationPDI
#Pentaho
Dan Keeley's profile image
Dan Keeley

You can get 7.1 from here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/pentaho/files/Business%20Intelligence%20Server/7.1/

But 7.1 is very old. why not upgrade to 8.1?  9 will be out in a few weeks..

The upgrade guide is here:

Upgrade - Pentaho Documentation

(Just ignore any ee specific bits)

Raul Ianosiga

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the prompt reply. I have downloaded the files you pointed out, though I have a small problem. In the upgrade guide it states that I need to run the "install.sh" file, which isn't in the downloaded files. The guide states this file is located in "pentaho-server-ee-7.1.x.yy-dist file in the Available Update Files" . The backup and restore scripts also seem to be part of that update bundle which I do not have : "pentaho-server-ee-upgrade-7.1.x.yy-dist".

Could you please advise ?

Best regards,

Raul

Dan Keeley's profile image
Dan Keeley

i guess there's no installer in CE.  AFAIK it doesnt do much though. so just install 7.1, apply any changes required, migrate your customisations and point it at your 7.0 repo.

boom!

Raul Ianosiga

I understand. Thanks for the help ! All the best to you.

Raul