Hitachi Ops Center​

View Only
  • 1.  OpsCenter Protector Snapshot pre script and post script error not found

Posted 05-10-2022 13:03

I am configuring a Snapshot in Protector and I want to execute pre and post scripts. Where have to locate the scripts? Must be it in proxy block node on path /opt/hitachi/protector/scripts ?

I am putting in that location on Node proxy Storage and it reports next error: 

10711   Script 'post_prueba.sh' failed (255) *** Attachment count: 1 ***

And in Attachent file:               

(script created no output)

Thanks in advance.

------------------------------
    Silvia Mena
    Non-Hitachi Vantara

• 2.  RE: OpsCenter Protector Snapshot pre script and post script error not found

Posted 01-30-2023 09:11
    It must be placed in <Installation_directory_Protector>/Protector/scripts folder of the Master node, and from Protector GUI mention the name of the script in Pre and Post section which you kept in the said directory.

Prasenjit Chatterjee
    Test Engineer
    Hitachi Vantara

• 3.  RE: OpsCenter Protector Snapshot pre script and post script error not found

Posted 08-10-2023 00:22

What I have found to be effective is a batch file in the /opt/hitachi/protector/scripts directory that executes a powershell or python scripts you need to actually do real programmatic flow. 

Dale Sides
    Account Representative
    StoneCreek Technology

• 4.  RE: OpsCenter Protector Snapshot pre script and post script error not found

Posted 08-10-2023 03:11

Hello

Quite the old post, but for completeness sake.

For block devices it's typically on the relevant ISM's in the path mentioned above. For application nodes it's on the application node itself in the protector installation path. 

William Jansen Van Nieuwenhuizen
    Hitachi Vantara