Pentaho

View Only
  • 1.  MongoDB is missing under Big Data in Pentaho Data Integration v. 8.2

Posted 12-03-2021 14:00
    Installed this package at work. MongoDB is missing as an input type for me.

The system admins tried to reinstall and fix it - could not fix it.

They installed the same package on the other machine and it worked just fine - shows Mongo DB in addition to Cassandra, CouchDB, etc. After spending hours they suggested to replace my Dell Laptop (which I got brand new 1 month ago) and re-install everything including Pentaho. There has to be a better way. Attaching the version details and the Big Data view screenshot. My Java version is 11.0.13, if this matters.

------------------------------
    Leonard Reinstein
    Application Services Manager
    BNY Mellon

• 2.  RE: MongoDB is missing under Big Data in Pentaho Data Integration v. 8.2

Posted 12-05-2021 17:16

Pentaho is still on Java 8 and doesn't support 11.  If you get a zip of Java8 you can point the Pentaho startup to it by updating the spoon.bat file with something like this

set JAVA_HOME=c:\java8\java_jre
    set PENTAHO_JAVA_HOME=%JAVA_HOME%

where JAVA_HOME is where you put the Java8 binaries (and is the folder above the bin folder).

Additional you should probably clear the karaf cache as it might have some incorrect versions in there.

data-integration\system\karaf\caches  and delete the spoon folder.

Try that first then see if the probalem is still occurring.    

Andrew Cave
    Systems Engineer
    BizCubed Pty Ltd
    Australia

• 3.  RE: MongoDB is missing under Big Data in Pentaho Data Integration v. 8.2

Posted 12-06-2021 10:05

Andrew is correct on the variable, but I find it much better to not edit the given scripts (because I will forget next install, upgrade, etc).

Set a personal Environment variable PENTAHO_JAVA_HOME=c:\java8\java_jre (or add to your .profile in LINUX).   This will allow Pentaho to run on a different java version than your laptop.

As he also notes, the Karaf Cache maybe have to also be refreshed.

Stephen Donovan
    Hitachi Vantara