Pentaho

View Only
  • 1.  Help me find an old post from forums.pentaho.com re setting up Carte on CentOS (or RHEL)

Posted 13 days ago

Hi, There was a post by a user of the old Pentaho support forum forums.pentaho.com which had the most wonderful instructions on setting up on a RHEL or CentOS server for Carte such that it runs as a service on systemctl. Does anyone know how to find such a post? Anyone here who sets up PDI Community Edition boxes that saved such a post that could repost it here?

The search terms I know exist:
    systemctl start carte centos, as a service

or

systemctl start carte RHEL, as a service

Does anyone have an easy way or anyone at Hitachi that can search the old forum (forums.pentaho.com) and post that thread's instructions?

It was amazing and will save me hours of work.

Please add back the old forum, there was a font of knowledge there.

I can see some of the posts on the Way Back but searching isn't finding the thread I describe above.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Help me find an old post from forums.pentaho.com re setting up Carte on CentOS (or RHEL)

Posted 10 days ago

To find the old Pentaho forum post about setting up Carte on CentOS or RHEL, try using the Wayback Machine to search archived pages. General systemctl guides might also help you set up Carte as a service on your system.  

Doglikesbest

• 3.  RE: Help me find an old post from forums.pentaho.com re setting up Carte on CentOS (or RHEL)

Posted 10 days ago

Hi! Yes, I've been searching on Way Back and having no luck. I just cant understand why Hitachi deleted years and years of knowledge from the old Pentaho forum when they acquired Pentaho? The post I am looking for was an amazing write up how to setup a CentOS Carte server from A to Z. It was perfect, I used it many times when I have to build a PDI servers and now the guide is lost to time. Yes I can build a PDI server without that guide, it just was so perfectly written on what to do at each step and I just cant accept that the knowledge is lost forever because Hitachi shut down the old site. Please someone from Hitachi, Matt Casters maybe, can you search the old PDI forum somehow for the a thread that was about setting up PDI as a service using systemctl on centos? 

I know the following search terms would find that post on the old forum:
    carte as a service, systemctl start carte, centos

Thanks!!