Pentaho

View Only
  • 1.  Running Jobs on PDI CE 9.4.0.0.-343

Posted 03-20-2023 09:57

Hi All,

I have been trying to run jobs using Kitchen.bat. When trying to run the same job as another service account, The Kitchen.bat is unable to find the repository. I have been using the Database Repository. Is there any way to run the job as a service account or only the user who have created the jobs can run them since the repository is tied to their account.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Running Jobs on PDI CE 9.4.0.0.-343

Posted 03-20-2023 14:10

Hi Chan,

running user must have access to correct repositories configuration (.kettle/repositories.xml). So you need create this configuration for user with defined connection and repository or share with this account.

------------------------------
    Petr Prochazka
    Systems Engineer
    P.V.A. systems s.r.o.

• 3.  RE: Running Jobs on PDI CE 9.4.0.0.-343

Posted 03-28-2023 10:12

It sounds like you are having issues running a job using Kitchen.bat with a different service account than the one that created the job, and that the job uses the Database Repository.

In PDI, jobs and transformations are stored in the repository, which is tied to a specific user account. By default, only the user who created the job or transformation can execute it.

However, there are a couple of options you can try:

Share the repository: You can try sharing the repository with the service account that needs to run the job. To do this, go to the "Repositories" view in PDI and right-click on the repository, then select "Share". You can then add the service account as a user with the necessary permissions to access and execute the job.

Use the file repository: If sharing the repository is not an option, you can try using the file repository instead of the database repository. This stores jobs and transformations in files on the file system, rather than in a database. You can create a new file repository and configure it to use a shared folder that both user accounts have access to.

To switch to the file repository, go to the "Repositories" view in PDI, right-click on the repository and select "Switch to file-based repository".

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.  My Sanford Chart App

Diana Stanley
    Chief Financial Officer
    Glicks Furniture

• 4.  RE: Running Jobs on PDI CE 9.4.0.0.-343

Posted 04-03-2023 07:57

Please be careful when suggesting solutions using chatGPT.
    Make sure you have checked that the solution works or in any case warn which is the source from where you are taking the information.
    Best regards

Carl Messner
    Data Analyst
    MCSF