Based on one experiment I have carried out, it seems that the Content Property names must be unique across all content classes in a tenant.
To summarize my experiment:
- I created a content class ‘CC4’ that had a content property name of ‘aceRegulatoryjurisdiction’ and an XPath of ‘/traceMeta/commonTrace/regulatoryJurisdiction’
- I created a content class ‘CC5’ that had a content property name of ‘aceRegulatoryjurisdiction’ and an XPath of ‘/traceMeta/commonTrace/language’ (deliberately different XPath)
- Two objects were imported to HCP, each having the following custom metadata file associated:
- In the Advanced Query screen, I ran two queries:
- (aceRegulatoryjurisdiction:ASIC) – no files found
- (aceRegulatoryjurisdiction:English) – two files found
The point of all this was to try and discover if/how HCP qualifies Content Properties within a Content Class. I thought the query language might use something like ‘ContentClassName.ContentPropertyName’.
What actually seems to have occurred is that when I created the second content class it overwrote the content property from the first content class, because the content property names were the same.
Could you please confirm whether my finding is correct?