AnsweredAssumed Answered

Bad Request 400 when connecting squirrel to pentaho 8.1 streaming data service

Question asked by jelle pelfrene on Aug 22, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 23, 2018 by Joao Figueiredo

I have followed along with Develop and Optimize a Pentaho Data Service - Pentaho Documentation 

When I try to test the data service with the "Test" UI built into PDI, it runs the query SELECT * FROM "dataservicekettleasfakedatageneratorv1" and it succesfully gets the results.

I have installed squirrel and configured the PDI jdbc driver (and manually performed the workarounds of replacing the outdated squirrel commons-codec with the one from the PDI driver, added slf4j-1.7.7 to the pentaho driver and added commons-io-2.5 .

I can then connect squirrel to the pentaho server. However Squirrel does not autodiscover the virtual table.

And when I try to run the same select * sql query in Squirrel, I get the following error:

Error: <!doctype html><html lang="en"><head><title>HTTP Status 400 ? Bad Request</title><style type="text/css">h1 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;} h2 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;} h3 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;} body {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;} b {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;} p {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;} a {color:black;} a.name {color:black;} .line {height:1px;background-color:#525D76;border:none;}</style></head><body><h1>HTTP Status 400 ? Bad Request</h1><hr class="line" /><p><b>Type</b> Status Report</p><p><b>Description</b> The server cannot or will not process the request due to something that is perceived to be a client error (e.g., malformed request syntax, invalid request message framing, or deceptive request routing).</p><hr class="line" /><h3>Apache Tomcat/8.5.27</h3></body></html>

SQLState:  null

ErrorCode: 0

The error message is not informative enough about what was wrong with the underling http request for me to continue debugging on my own.

Thanks for your ideas

Jelle

Outcomes