please did you try TC LUSE volume USP (VM) to HUS HDP volume?
We received message: „The specified expandedvolume in the RCU is not defined 6005 8788“
On USP VM we have latest MC 60-08-41 code.
Thank you very much.
michal marek, You need to select the correct Port,GID and LUN settings.
For example if you have primary LDEV ID as 00:02:01 and the secondary LDEV (00:02:01) in port CL1-A, in the Host Group xyz, (if this is the 3rd host group in CL1-A your GID will be 003) and if the LUN ID is 032, while doing a paircreate you need to select as
CL1-A - 003 - 032.
You cannot directly select the LDEV ID of the Secondary Unit.
Note - Only your LDEV size of primary should match with secondary. It doesn't matter whether you have LUSE volume etc. While creating the LDEV's for secondary create with the block size of the primary.
If I understood your question, LUSE -> HDP LUN ( TC config ).
No, True Copy will not work with this environment. TC is designed to work only with identical Ldevs on primary and secondary site. One solution could be as host based or If you are using virtualization it’s possible to migrate with HTSM from LUSE to HDP volumes.
The proposed configuration will not work for 2 reasons:
1) Replication between enterprise array (USP-VM) and modular array (HUS). It has to be between two arrays of the same class.
2) Replication of different volume types. Because your source volume is a LUSE volume, the target volume has to be a LUSE volume as well.
Here are more details from the manual on using LUSE volumes with TrueCopy:
"LUSE volumes can be assigned to TrueCopy pairs, with the following restrictions:
• The P-VOL and S-VOL must have the same LU type and the same number of LDEVs.
• If you need to perform LUSE operations on an existing TrueCopy P-VOL or S-VOL, you must release the pair first to return the volume to SMPL status.
• If you allocate a LUSE volume that consists of LDEVs set across more than one CU to the TrueCopy pair, you must select CU Free for an RCU."
Oops. I misunderstood/read the question.
pls. be informed that TC between USP VM and HUS VM WORKS and is supported by HDS since 07/2013.
Our problem was caused by choosing wrong remote LUN number. If you need this solution pls. ask HDS for USP VM MC 60-08-41 code.
Tks. for your comments.
Do you mean on can have TC between LUSE -> HDP Volume ? Do you have any white paper about this ? Looks like HDS did plug this gap ..If you could share some more info, would be great.
Retrieving data ...