What are the best practices for Oracle ASM storage with HDT enabled, the debate is
1. Will striping asm lun provide addtional performance vs no stiping of ASM Disks in the DG.
2. Type of Raid/Mixture to use for HDT.
3. Is striping not needed since HDT will take care of this ? but HDT policies are not instatanious in most cases and redistrubution can take a while
4. Large block vs smaller size io, sequential vs random.
5. What is your experiance/practice.
6. Primary focus is Unix servers ( 9+) running Oracle file system 11+ with ASM