Trying to shrink a HTI pool but getting an error this cannot be done for a HTI pool.
I dont see anything to state it can or cannot in the manual.
Would someone confirm if an HTI pool can be shrunk.
My apologies. You are right on both points. HUS VM's HTI pools cannot be shrunk.
This is possible through Storage Navigator. Please make sure you meet these prerequisites (from the HTI User Guide - Decreasing pool capacity):
• The used capacity of the pool-VOL is below the pool threshold.
• If you are deleting pool-VOLs with system area, there is more than 4.2GB of available capacity.
• You are currently not:
| Creating a pool.
| Deleting a pool.
| Increasing a pool.
| Deleting a pool-VOL to decrease the pool capacity.
| Recovering a pool.
| Stopping the process of decreasing pool capacity.
| Editing a data pool warning threshold.
| Simultaneously running CCI commands to decrease the pool capacity.
• You are not maintaining the cache memory.
• The cache memory is up and running.
• The I/O load to the V-VOL related to the pool is low
It seems this only applies to the VSP G1000.
I’m working on a HUS-VM and it doesn’t seem to support reducing the capacity.
Retrieving data ...