I'm planning to virtualize one HUS 150 to a VSP
Still struggling to get the good documentation and best practise, at least those specific to the HUS150.
Anyone would know where i can get the fine documention ?
I'm unaware of a documentation explaining the virtualization, If you want to know more on How to virtualize we could definitely help you achieve it.
Kindly let us know.
Thanks, i can already answer by the affirmative yes, any help on how to proceed would be gladely appreciated
Sébastien Treguer, Please find the steps to proceed with virtualization:
1. Have some dedicated VSP ports configured as External
2. Configure Zone with Server HBA wwpns and VSP Target Ports (set to External attribute).
3. Map the LUN's coming from HUS to the VSP ports
4. Login to VSP--> Discover the external volumes, also set the "use external system configuration" and "Cache Mode"
5. Create Host Group in VSP and map the new discovered volumes.
Once everything is set, remove old zones of HUS with server and un-map the LUNs directly to server from HUS.
Kamalarajan S: Do we need any downtime required for this migration set up??
Retrieving data ...